Set Date Sale: All offers presented by 6pm Wednesday 16th October (unless sold prior)
Beyond a gated entrance and splendid leafy gardens lies this charming 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom 1950s home on a spacious 645sqm block. Just footsteps away from picturesque Lake Monger Reserve and situated very close to the freeway, our vibrant Perth CBD, top schools, the coast and more. Sit and watch the world go by out on the front porch before eventually stepping inside and absorbing the residence’s classic character, with solid Jarrah floorboards and high ceilings throughout – from the welcoming living room right through to the bedrooms, the open-plan kitchen and dining space and even a versatile study-come-retreat that could easily be converted into a fourth bedroom if need be.
A gas cooktop, under-bench oven, range hood, dishwasher and plenty of built-in storage options grace the combined kitchen and dining area before it spills outside. The bathroom has been immaculately renovated to the highest of modern standards and exudes style and sophistication in the form of a sleek shower, a free-standing bathtub, a toilet, vanity and exemplary floor and wall tiling.
Out back, a massive yard with lush green lawns leaves plenty of room for a future swimming pool if you are ever that way inclined – but for now, it is the perfect place for the kids to roam around freely and let their imaginations run wild. Overlooking it all – including the large workshop shed and a delightful sunken garden pergola – is a fabulous pitched alfresco deck for year-round entertaining that is sure to include summer barbecues. Completing this wonderful package is a private right-of-way laneway access at the rear via Somerford Lane.
With a series of current-day touches combining with nostalgic well-preserved features of yesteryear here, this impressive abode offers both a comfortable and convenient lifestyle like no other!
• Functional fireplace to front living room
• Separate open-plan kitchen and dining area with contemporary appliances and pantry storage
• Ceiling fans to all bedrooms and the study/retreat
• Mirrored built-in robes to the master bedroom
• BIR’s to the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms also
• Renovated modern bathroom
• Separate toilet off laundry
• Solid Jarrah flooring
• Zoned and ducted Panasonic reverse-cycle air-conditioning
• Security-alarm system (can be monitored)
• Feature decorative ceiling cornices and roses
• Feature skirting boards
• Front balcony off study/retreat
• Adjacent entry porch
• Outdoor alfresco-entertaining deck at the rear
• Huge backyard with lush green lawns
• Corner workshop shed
• Leafy established gardens
• Single-width under-croft lock-up garage
• Private rear access via Somerford Lane
• Family-friendly community
• On the doorstep of stunning Lake Monger and its sprawling reserve
• Short drive to both the city and beaches
• Close to shopping, food, cafes and more
• Easy freeway and public-transport access
What The Owner Loves:
There are a range of things we have loved about living in on Harborne St. These include: close proximity to Lake Monger of which it only takes less than a minute’s walk for us to enjoy the huge open nature space. We enjoy being close to a variety of shops and cafes in all directions. We also get on well with all our neighbours of which the kids all get along well and often play together too. The close access to public transport/Freeway and the city is also a winner. My commute to work (in Osborne Park) takes less than 5 minutes to drive or 15 minutes to walk. Our backyard is a peaceful and private place of which we have enjoyed having friends and family over for BBQs, playing games, and watching many amazing sunsets.
Council Rates: $1580 p/a approx
Water Rates: $1700 p/a approx