Choosing a real estate agent to sell your home can be daunting... especially if you are a first timer! Pick the wrong agent, and the experience could be a negative one on a few fronts.
You need to have a good rapport, trust and feel confident that they can get the job done. You need be sure that they will communicate with you and keep your best interests at heart. I'm confident enough to say that, interviewing a couple of different agents is not a bad thing... in fact, I encourage you to! You might need to speak to different agents from different walks of life before you find the right one for you...
Here are some questions to ask them:
1. Do you have recent comparable sales?
2. How much is my property worth, realistically.
3. What is your marketing plan and how will you target the right buyers?
4. Who will be selling my property and conducting home opens?
5. What is the fee structure?
6. What if my home doesn’t sell?